If you decide to take a trip to Paris you can’t miss the Basilica of the Sacre Coeur, in the heart of the Montmartre district. At the top of the hill, its white dome dominates the whole city. It was built in the 19th century in the Roman-Byzantine style and is still today one of the most loved and visited buildings in Paris.
Sacre Coeur has a special charm; linked to creativity and arts, it brings to mind the life of the old French poets, cabarets, and literary cafes – the life of ancient Paris, in short. On a trip to the French capital, you shouldn’t fail to discover the details of a building that has made the history of the city.
How to get to Sacre Coeur
Located in the heart of the Montmartre district, Sacre Coeur is easy to reach via public transportation. Yet, to make the most out of your trip, a private ride from Paris airport or from your hotel is indicated. Come2Paris’ drivers are well-versed in roaming the streets of the city and can get you to the destination on time.
Useful tips to visit Sacre Coeur
As for any other place of interest, especially in large cities, it is advisable to follow these tips to avoid wasting time and to make your visit more fluid and pleasant.
- Go early in the morning. Immersed in the silence, the Basilica of the Sacre Coeur impresses with an unimaginable charm. The visit is also more enjoyable during the morning hours due to the lack of curious tourists roaming around.
- Wear suitable clothing . Although it is a historic building that has to be discovered, Sacre Coeur is still a place of worship, so you will have to wear appropriate clothing. Avoid halter tops and shorts. Wear garments that cover your shoulder and your knees.
- Allow at least one hour for the visit. Don’t rush your stay and take your time to enjoy the wonders of this marvelous place.
- Return in the afternoon. And stop on the steps near the Basilica. Chill and enjoy the evocative performance of the street artists that populate the neighborhood.
- Do not miss the sunset from this point of the city. Nowhere else in Paris can you enjoy such a breathtaking view.
- Stick to the rules. Inside Sacre Coeur, it is prohibited to take photos and disobeying may result in a hefty fine.
- Plan your return. Spending an evening in Montmartre is magic but getting to your hotel or to the airport may be tricky after a certain hour. The easiest way to navigate the streets of Paris, at any hour during the day or night, is aboard a Come2Paris car. Book your taxi online and enjoy the wonders of the city from the comfort of your private ride, knowing that you’ll get to your destination on time, every time.